The company was founded at Hanaten-town, Higashinari-County, Osaka, under the name of "Tsurumi Shokai", and started manufacturing TDL-series agriculture-use vertical shaft pumps.
It was incorporated as a limited company, "Tsurumi Manufacturing Company, Limited". Developed 2-stage vertical shaft pumps (TDW-series) for construction dewatering use and launched to the market.
|1953 to 1954||
Developed the first "submersible" pump series, EP-series (EP-75 and EP-100)
|Pump models sold in 1955 to 1959||
The first submersible pump EP-series
Opened Osaka Sales Office and Tokyo Sales Office
Developed new, light-weight, dry-type motors to replace conventional oil-filled motor A KB-series pump incorporating a dry-type motor
|1964 to 1965||
Developed a new submersible pump with a built-in circle thermal protector for the first time in the industry The KR-model launched in January, 1965
Opened Sapporo Sales Office
Opened Fukuoka Sales Office
TB-model, the Tsurumi's first float-type submersible automatic pump with a built-in automatic control circuit (150W)
Opened Nagoya and Hokuriku Sales Office (currently Chubu and Hokuriku Branch Office) Factory for small-sized pumps and automatic painting system