What we are doing about the environment and quality
Conversion to clean energy
Understanding the importance of the world going carbon-neutral, at Tsurumi, we have adopted an action plan that includes introducing renewable energies, and are taking steps to make that happen.
Our headquarters in Osaka and Tsurumi East Japan Logistics in Utsunomiya City run entirely on renewable energy. The estimated amount of power that would have otherwise been drawn from the electric power grid translates into about a 185.6 t reduction in CO2 emissions a year, which equals the amount of CO2 absorbed in a year by about 13,000 cedar trees.
Introduction of environment-friendly vehicles
We see the long-term benefits of the world less dependent on carbon fuels, so, at Tsurumi, we are introducing hybrid vehicles as a pro-environmental initiative.
In an effort to reduce the amount of CO2, NOx and PM we emit, we are introducing hybrid vehicles into our company fleet and proactively encouraging safe, eco-conscious driving by conducting training in safe driving, requiring sobriety testing before getting into a vehicle, and equipping company vehicles with automatic braking systems, drive recorders and telematics.
Going forward, we will continue efforts to reduce first and foremost our CO2 emissions but also other environmental loads we cause in the course of doing business.
Environmental Philosophy and Environmental Policy
We will, in line with our corporate philosophy of "Being water- and people-friendly", drive the environment improvement activities and will supply the products needed for effective utilization of water, a precious resource, enforcing its environmental philosophy for the realization of "Amenity-centric Engineering for both People and the Earth".
All activities at our Osaka Headquarters, Tokyo Head Office and other business sites are conducted under the following policy.
- Conserve resources and encourage recycling across all business flows and operations, and reduce energy consumption without sacrificing workplace comfort.
- Observe all environmental laws, regulations and obligations, and, where necessary, make our own additional rules to better protect the environment.
- When installing pumps and other equipment, take measures so as not to impact the surrounding community, including to keep resource use, power consumption and noise to a minimum, and recycle waste as much as possible.
- As a contribution to environmental improvements everywhere are products are used, make and promote environment-friendly products that are more efficient, weigh less, consume less power and require fewer resources to manufacture and install.
- Continuously prevent pollution and reduce risks thereof both inside and outside of the company, and review results every year to seek improvements.
- To successfully implement this environmental policy, set environmental goals and targets, and conduct environmental improvement activities in line with corporate environmental management programs.
- Impart the environmental training needed for employees to develop the necessary skills and knowledge.
In full recognition of the potential environmental impacts of factory operations, activities at our Kyoto Plant are conducted under the following policy.
- Observe all laws, regulations and agreements concerning environmental protection and pollution prevention.
- Prevent environmental pollution from our business operations and continuously improve our environmental management system.
- Make our entire workforce aware of the importance of environmental improvement activities and active in those activities.
- Set environmental goals and targets, especially in the following areas.
- (1) Development of energy- and resource-saving products
- (2) Reduction of defects and effective utilization of resources
- (3) Thorough waste separation and recycling
We will, in line with our corporate philosophy of "Being water- and people-friendly", manufacture and supply products that satisfy customers' demands for quality and that have superior capabilities, safety, and reliability.
Acquisition of ISO14001 and ISO9001 certifications in compliance with the International Standards
Protecting and maintaining the balance of the global environment are important themes at Tsurumi. We, therefore, build environmental management systems that comply with ISO14001 and enable us to continuously stand by our commitment to the environment.
At Tsurumi, we have acquired ISO9001 certification for our quality management systems as part of a bigger effort to continuously improve customer satisfaction by supplying high-quality products and services.