Tsurumi is helping to popularize canoeing sports.
Proud sponsor of canoe slalom athlete Haruka Okazaki
On January 1, 2022, Tsurumi signed a sponsorship agreement with canoe slalom athlete Haruka Okazaki. Okazaki is currently a member of the Japanese national canoe slalom team and hopes to compete in the Paris Olympics. Tsurumi is an official sponsor of the Japan Canoe Federation and supporting individual athletes as a sponsor to help further develop canoeing as a competitive sport.
Graduated from Shiseikan University
- Bronze Medal in the Women's K-1 Class at the Asian Canoe Slalom Championships (Taiwan)
- Gold Medal in the Women's Team Competition at the Asian Canoe Slalom Championships (Japan)
- 28th at the World U23 Canoe Slalom Championships (Poland)
- Ranked #1 in Japan in the Women's C-1 and K-1 Classes
- Gold Medal in the Women's C-1 and K-1 Classes at the Canoe Slalom Japan Cup Finals
- Bronze Medal in the Women's C-1 Class and Silver Medal in the Women's K-1 Class at the Japan National Championships
- 38th in the Women's K-1 Class at the Canoe Slalom World Cup (France)
- Women's K-1 Class Demonstrator at the Tokyo Olympics
* International competition
Haruka Okazaki during her visit to Tsurumi
A Proud Sponsor of the Japan Canoe Federation
Tsurumi became an official sponsor of the Japan Canoe Federation after inking an agreement on July 1, 2018.
Besides providing a push to competitive canoeing, the Japan Canoe Federation promotes canoeing as a life-long sport that improves health and fosters a healthy body and mind, and is behind activities that make canoe sports accessible to all, because of its water environment conservation policy through which it promotes the beauty of the natural environment and its clean water campaign.
As a company that prides itself on “Being water- and people-friendly”, Tsurumi is happy to support efforts to promote canoe sports.